Monday, August 11, 2014

As Requested...Blackberry Muffin Tea

I made Blackberry Cobbler last week and my youngest son said, "Mom, why don't you make Blackberry Muffins?"   So, as requested I tried out a blackberry muffin recipe.  

I love this teacup I found a few weeks ago.

Don't you love this image, on what I would call the back of the cup.  

The muffins were really good.  They disappeared fast. Here is how I made them.  Original recipe link below.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4 cup blackberries

Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.  Rinse the fresh berries and let them drain in a collander.  
In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt till well mixed.  In a medium bowl beat the egg and mix in the sugar and then the sour cream.  Whisk until completely combined and then whisk in the milk and the butter. 
Scatter the blackberries into the dry mixture and fold in well. The add the wet ingredients, fold in in that until just mixed. Do not overmix.  
Scoop the batter into each muffin tin filling 3/4 of the way full.  
Bake about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. 
Cool on a wire rack.  
Makes 6-8  muffins. 
Recipe Adapted from: Nook and Pantry

I also found a tea tin.  

Tea and blackberry muffins make a tasty combo.  I am finishing up a few more summer ideas and then I am ready to jump into fall recipes and ideas.  Are you ready for fall ideas yet or are you holding onto summer awhile longer?

Sherry

I will link this to:

  
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'Day at Natasha in Oz
Cottage Style Party at Lavender Garden Cottage 
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an E
Project Inspire at Cupcakes and Crinoline
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Weekends are Fun Party at Oh My Heartsie Girl

Time Travel Tuesdays at Brambleberry Cottage

10 comments:

angie said...

die muffins sehen sooo lecker aus!!! alles liebe von angie

Martha's Favorites said...

Your muffins look so good. Love the Sadler mug. Have a great week. Hugs, Martha

Tea in the Library said...

Oh love the mug and the tin!

Sylvia said...

Those muffins makes my mouth water.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lovely looking muffins, Sherry, and the mug is adorable! The tea canister is cute too. I'm holding on to summer as long as it will let me! Thanks for joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Deborah Montgomery said...

Those muffins look delicious! And I love the tea canister!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The muffins also look good and the tea canister is a nice collector's item.
I'm still hanging on to summer but look forward to autumn as it is my favourite season.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a cute mug, perfect for a quick drink of tea! Thanks for the blueberry muffin recipe! Oh, I'm not ready for fall! Our summer has been pretty cool so far!
Nancy

Carrie said...

Those muffins are so yummy looking! Your mug is a great find, as is that nice tea tin.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love the new mug Sherry! I have some blackberries in the freezer from last year. I need to pull them out and use them. This would be perfect! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann